Daren is a 3x certified lash artist and expert in her trade. She specializes in Classic, Hybrid, Volume and Mega Volume lashes. She also offers eyebrow Microblading and Microshading and is a certified Aesthetic Laser Technician and offers a variety of laser treatments from hair removal to skin rejuvenation and tattoo removal.
1. Shave the area one day prior to treatment.
2. No perfume, lotion or cologne on the treatment area prior to procedure
3. Remove make up before the procedure
4. Do not tan or expose the treatment area to too much sunlight 2 weeks prior to procedure
5. No waxing, threading, tweezing or use of any chemical depilatories or bleach the area before and while undergoing the treatment sessions.
1. No exposure to sunlight for 1-2 days. Use sunblock (SPF 30 or more) and reapply every 2 hours.
2. No deodorants, perfumes, perfumed lotion, cologne or any cream that may irritate the treatment area for 1-2 days.
3. No strenuous exercise that causes excessive sweating for 1-2 days.
4. No hot bath/swimming pool for 1-2 days.
The light depletes the hair follicle of moisture, causing it to burn and die. The IPL hair removal adopts the photo-thermal therapy and it can be selectively absorbed by the target while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. As IPL hair removal therapy eliminates the unwanted hair from the hair root to the tip, the DermaLase IPL device has proven to be a very effective long-term hair removal technique.
Nubody Equipment’s Health Canada approved DermaLase IPL Laser Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation machine can help you provide effective, pain-free treatments.
It can take six to twelve weeks for a hair to grow from the papilla to the surface of the skin.
Every hair in our body goes through the three phases of the hair growth cycle: Anagen, Catagen and Telogen. At any given time about 85%-90% of your hair is in the Anagen phase (active stage), 1-2% is in the Catagen phase (transitional stage), and 10-14% is in the Telogen phase (resting stage).
The Anagen phase is the best time to target as the hair is well situated in the follicle for the IPL to seek and destroy.
Due to the different cycles, 6-8 treatments are recommended on average, spaced out according to the growth cycle. The time it takes to complete a full program varies from person to person and the location of the hair on the body, but is typically 12-24 months.
A popular choice for skin rejuvenation. Not only is it indicated for collagen remodelling but also to alleviate both vascular and pigmented issues, restoring the skin to a more youthful appearance. It has proven to be particularly effective for treating age spots, freckles, acne and rosacea.
IPL skin rejuvenation treatments are performed using a handheld device that delivers a broad spectrum of light onto the skin’s surface. The wavelengths of light penetrate deep into the skin tissue to stimulate the cells beneath the skin’s surface and trigger the body’s ‘purging’ response so that it eliminates injured tissues and dead skin cells that may be stuck deep within the skin’s surface. The IPL skin care treatments are typically conducted as a series of treatments at three week intervals, and the skin begins to take on a more youthful and clear appearance after the first few sessions.
If you are looking for a non-invasive solution for freshening their skin and enjoying a more even skin tone, consider these benefits of the innovative skin rejuvenation treatment with a Dermalase IPL Machine.
IPL skin rejuvenation procedures do not require any anesthetic and sometimes offer near-instant results. The painless procedure also does not require any downtime, which means clients can resume regular activities shortly after the treatment.
IPL laser treatments can be used to correct and refine nearly all skin types, and are particularly effective for treating:
The average number of treatments is 6-8.
Arms: 8-10wks apart
Beard/ Moustache: 4-6wks apart
Bikini area: 6-8wks apart
Cheeks: 4-6wks apart
Chest/ Breast: 6-8wks apart
Ear: 4-6wks apart
Eyebrows: 4-6wks apart
Legs: 8-10wks apart
Scalp: 4-6wks apart
Trunk: 6-8wks apart
Underarm: 6-8wks apart
Upper Lip: 4-6wks apart
It takes up to 3 weeks for hairs to fall out. Cannot tweeze or wax in between treatments. Treatment can be a little uncomfortable as each hair follicle is surrounded by nerve endings. Clients are to expect pain, swelling, and redness that generally resolves within 24 hrs. (desired endpoint) If there is any hypo or hyper-pigmentation, it is usually temporary and will resolve within 6 months. Crusting and/or scabs may occur over ingrown hairs (usually on darker skin types). Not all Follicles are active; As we age, inactive follicles become active which causes new hair growth. Medication and hormone levels also promote new hair growth.
For the first 10 clients, only $175
For the first Microblading and Microshading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5-3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment color selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a follow up visit in order to have any minor necessary touch ups. The second Microblading session takes place after 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete.
To prepare for a microblading and microshading procedure, you should avoid the following:
It is essential that you follow these instructions after your treatment.
* Make sure your hands are completely clean before caring for your eyebrows.
Day of treatment: Once hourly, dampen a cotton pad with water and gently dab your brows clean. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the pad. Once the area has completely dried, use a Q-Tip to apply a thin layer of the provided treatment cream to your eyebrows. Repeat this wash, dry, moisturize process once every hour until bedtime. Use no aggressive movement and/or manipulation of the skin.
Days 2-7: Repeat the wash, dry, moisturize process ONCE daily. You can begin to use a gentle cleanser now for the washing step.
Try not to get your brows wet for any length of time, except during the cleaning process. If your brows get wet, simply dry them as quickly as possible with a clean towel/ tissue or a blow dryer on the cool setting.
If you are a side or stomach sleeper, you may consider propping yourself with pillows to prevent sleeping on your eyebrows for a few days.
The following must be avoided during all 7 days post-procedure:
• Increased sweating
• Hot sauna, hot baths, lengthy showers or jacuzzi use
• Sun tanning or salon tanning
• Lasers, chemical peels, or use of creams containing retinoids or acids
• Picking, peeling, or scratching the pigmented area
• Heavy household tasks that involve a lot of airborne debris
• Smoking or drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing
• Touching the eyebrows except when cleaning them
Your eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. The pigment may appear very bold, dark and/or reddish orange for the first few days after the procedure. Rest assured that this is temporary, and the color of the pigment will soften and balance gradually. Around day 4, your skin will become flaky and/or scabby, and you will notice some pigment flaking off.
During the scabbing phase, it may appear that the pigment is underneath is gone. Don't worry- this is normal! Your skin forms new layers over the pigment which can make the color look "foggy" or pinkish. It will take a few weeks for the pigment to fully resurface- this is why we wait several weeks before the perfecting session. After the first week, you will be able to wear makeup if necessary to cover any patchy areas between the two treatments.
Once completely healed, always apply SPF 30+ sunscreen to your eyebrows when exposed to the sun, to avoid the pigment fading prematurely
EYELASHES BY DAREN FAYE DOES NOT FILL ANY OTHER EYELASH ARTISTS WORK - For quality assurance, fills are only available for current clients.
· If you currently have eyelash extensions not done by me (Daren) – a lash removal is mandatory (Removal charge of $15).
· To receive any of the fill services – there must be 40% of your eyelash extensions remaining.
· Coming to your appointment with less than 40% of your eyelash extensions will require a full set charge.
· LATE or running behind schedule, please contact me directly. I will try my best to accommodate late arrivals less than 15 minutes. But if it is more than 15 minutes late, then this may result in rescheduling your appointment to another day.
· No show will not be tolerated and/ or will not be accommodated as a client in the future.
· CLIENTS WHO ARE SICK or not feeling well or have a cold are advised to please contact me to reschedule your appointment.
· EYELASH REMOVAL for clients who have currently eyelashes extension and would like to book a full set but currently have extensions from another eyelash artist will be charge addition of $15. Removal of any eyelashes due to new full set booked will have additional charge of $15.